Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thanksgiving Tree

This year we are doing a Thanksgiving Tree. We have so much to be thankful for, and so much to thank the Lord for. So if you come to my house through the month of November expect to be given a leaf and a pen.

The tree I found in the woods on one of our many walks. Just a little leafless bush. The leaves I made from a real leaf pattern I picked up in the woods on the same walk. 3 different tree leafs. I used brown paper lunch bags, cut them open and quickly painted them with finger paint, yellow, red and green. When one side was dry I turned them over and painted the other side. When fully dried I traced out the pattern of the leaves, punched a little hole at the base of each leaf, attached jute string, wrote out my thanksgiving and tied it to my tree. It's a great way to get your kids involved in God's out door beauty during this time of year, an art project and get them thinking about what they are thankful for in life. Katelyn announced to the world that she was thankful for her grandma's and grandpa's.

1 comment: