Friday, April 8, 2011

Little Piece of Heaven



2 Years ago I gave birth to a little piece of heaven. Her name, Emily Elizabeth. Labor was long and hard and once she was born she was rushed off because her breathing was labored. She ended up in the NICU for 2 days where we weren't sure they were going to let us take her home. One of the hardest things was leaving my precious little bundle at the hospital and heading home with empty arms. I cried as we drove away leaving her with strangers. The next day though my mother-in-law and I suited up for war and went back to the hospital to do battle. There was no real reason why she needed to be there, we were told by one doctor the same words, while others gave us various reasons why she had to remain. One nurse scolded me for disturbing my premature male child, telling me HE needed to sleep so he could grow. I informed her in so many words that my child was a girl and I had been induced because she was overdue. My mother-in-law and I returned on day 3 to the hospital ready to sign papers on my daughter to discharge her ourselves. But thankfully they let her go without a fight. I was relieved when my little baby was in the car with us and we were driving away from the hospital. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for modern medicine and how it's saved so many lives. I'm thankful for the help I had in giving birth to my 2 precious daughters, but don't mess with me when it comes to my family. I had many tell us we should have sued, but all I was interested in was putting time and distance between the whole matter. So today I celebrate life. I celebrate the miracle of birth, new life, new hope and the precious precious blessing Emily has been to my life. She's my delicate little flower, my snuggle bug. I love her to pieces and I'm thankful to the Lord for the blessing to be her mommy. She (and God) have taught me so much in these past 2 years I don't even know where to begin. She and Katelyn have given me the vision, the strength to get the therapy I've needed to be a better mom to them. A mom they deserve to have. They deserve all the love and chances in the world to be the women God wants them to be. So to my little girl of 2 Happy Birthday. You light up my world and you give me a reason to be the best mom I can be. Thank you Emy!

No comments:

Post a Comment