Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Craft Corner

I now officially have a craft corner. It's in my basement on the unfinished side. A light has been hung, a table set up and all my beautiful little scraps of creation in shoe boxed waiting to happen have been organized. This is so exciting for me because I finally feel like an official "Crafter". This is my corner of the basement to let my imagination and fingers free. To let my heart overflow. To let my gifts God has humbly blessed me with come alive.

For many years I created crafts to escape the pain and madness of my world of confusion swinging out of control. This was the way that I maintained a small piece of control over my world. Writing was the other way to maintain balance. Pouring feelings out through my fingertips.

Then there came times of depression so dark and so great that my light was nearly snuffed out. The numbness silenced the calling to create and be alive. Death crept in and whispered in my ears and touches my heart in a chilling way.

But spring has come back slowly. The sun has risen and the warmth has come back. There is a passion to be alive, to celebrate life like it might be my last day, to dance, to create, to touch peoples lives with love. So my little craft corner is one more reason to celebrate life, one more reason to take a stand and live life to it's fullest, one more reason to honor God and all He has created me to be.

I choose life abundantly, because I know what it is to live life without hope, and it isn't a life one wants to live. So I chose this day to be alive. I might be little, but with God I can be a strong, brave, confident woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment