Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mighty To Save


Everyone needs compassion



Love that never fails



Let mercy fall on me



Everyone needs forgiveness



The kindness of a Savior



The hope of nations






Savior



He can move the mountains



My God is mighty to save



He is mighty to save



Forever



Author of salvation



He rose and conquered the grave



Jesus conquered the grave






So take me as You find me



All my fears and failures



Fill my life again



I give my life to follow



Everything I believe in



Now I surrender






Shine Your light and let the whole world see



We're singing



For the glory of the risen King



Jesus



Shine your light and let the whole world see



Were singing



For the glory of the risen king






For me this song has tremendous meaning. It's a hard one for me to sing. Forgiveness to those who have stolen bits and pieces of your life is hard. When I sing this song though I am reminded and thankful for the forgiveness and I have been extended by Jesus when He died on the cross in my place. If I am willing to accept that what less can I do but extend forgiveness to others that Christ gave His very life for. Forgiveness doesn't mean there are no consequences for poor choices, broken lives. Forgiveness does releases me to a new life of hope. It allows my life to move forward even if the other individual is stuck. This song means coming to the end of me and beginning with the help of Christ to walk the road marked out in front. It's not easy to forgive, believe me I know, it doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't mean forgetting. It means to me moving forward and growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment