Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Loved

"Your new name is "Loved" God loves you unconditionally, forever, without reservation. You are sufficient. You are lovely. You are Loved." (Jeremiah 31:3b) I found this hiding in one of my books a few weeks after reading "Your Secret Name" by Kari Oberbrunner. This beautiful little treasure I found was something that I'd held onto since high school. During one of our Spiritual Emphasis weeks I went forward in desperation and out of faith took a little piece of paper at the front in front of so many and those were the words that were written on the paper. It didn't mean much to me then. They were just words I didn't believe. But now it's this beautiful little nugget of truth that I have taped to my bathroom mirror that greets me each morning and every night reminding me of God's unfathomable love for me. Something that I don't have to work for, something that I can sink down in and get warm and comfy. Some days I have a hard time believing that, but God has promised me that his Word never comes back void, and I believe this truth to be God speaking to me. Hope it touches your heart as it has mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment