Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hosanna- Hillsong United

[Verse 1]


I see the King of glory


Coming on the clouds with fire


The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes


I see His love and mercy


Washing over all our sin


The people sing, the people sing


[Chorus]


Hosanna, hosanna


Hosanna in the highest (x2)


[Verse 2]


I see a generation


Rising up to take the place


With selfless faith, with selfless faith


I see a near revival


Stirring as we pray and seek


We're on our knees, we're on our knees


[Chorus]


[Bridge]


Heal my heart and make it clean


Open up my eyes to the things unseen


Show me how to love like you have loved me


Break my heart for what breaks Yours


Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause


As I walk from earth into eternity


This is one of my favorite songs. This song for me is a prayer. This song leaves a longing inside of me. Every time I sing this song I get this feeling of change, something happening bursting out of my heart. This is a song where I close my eyes and raise my hands.


Yes, there you go I said it. I raise my hands. For all of those that didn't know me in high school I was part of a group who made fun of "wall washers" as we so unkindly put it. I was unkind in my judgment, and immature in my ways. I hope some maturity has come with age. Today I do raise my hands and it's something that is hard for me, because I get self-conscious, but raising my hands in praise is something between me and God. My unabashed awe, praise, and worship for my Savior my King.


What is a way that you all out in full worship praise God for His glory and majesty? You know a little secret, it can be in a great big forest, on the side of the ocean, making art, serving those in need, or simply on your knees before God. We are all created with amazing passions in life and God wants us to USE them to WORSHIP Him. He didn't create us to tuck those gifts away when we come to church and quietly sit in a pew, to sing, pray, and learn in a very vanilla way. Loving and worshiping God is about using our 5 senses. It's about being alive and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment