Thursday, May 5, 2011

Key To A Happy Marriage

When Chris and I got married I was under the illusion that birds were going to sing, heaven's light was going to shine on us unless it was raining and we were going to share everything. Unbeknownst to me it didn't. One of the very first signs of this was what I will call "Flip-top or Screw-Top."

Chris is an individual of order and is rather interested in time efficancy. Myself, when it comes to certain things I've very orderly and time efficient, other things I could care less. For us our differences were magnified when we started brushing our teeth together. Our disagreement grew when I forgot to put the top back on securely and neatly and Chris found tooth past oozing out, or the lid barely on. So we resorted to buying separate tooth pastes. In the first few months of our new marriage I was devastated that we were already growing apart ie. remember my misconception. I really thought this was going to be the slow crumble to our relationship. I forgot to mention though I was totally neurotic and deeply depressed at that time so that may have made things a little more serious than they really were. We now quietly and happily brush our teeth together using our own toothpaste. :) This link reminded me of that time in my life and made me really laugh. Thought I'd share it with you. Just a little part of making a compromise and growing in our relationship.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeandgarden/2010/10/the-wrinkled-tube-is-mine/

No comments:

Post a Comment