Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life Is Too Short

Life is too short to worry about dirty clothes, grubby fingers and dirt on my back porch. Life is too short to keep yelling at my kids to stay out of the biggest pot in my backyard. I needed to change a rule that was set in place, and learn to let go. This wasn't a hill I was willing to die on. It was time to ease up and live a little. So to embrace letting go and learning to loosening up we went to GoodWill and bought spoons and containers to play in the dirt.

Life really is so short, and a childhood should be full of playful discovery and imagination. Childhood should always be carefully held together with love and carefully decided boundaries, but most of all they should be allowed to be children free from the challenges and cares of adulthood, that time will come soon enough. So I'm learning to loosen up, care less about unimportant things, plant my herbs out of the reach of little fingers, and most of all embrace my children's brilliant imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment