Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Precious Blessings

When did my little babies turn into little girls? I think it was sometime in the night when they slept that they changed into beautiful little butterflies. I look at them and just marvel at the beauty in each of them. So different and yet so special. Katelyn my little ladybug and Emily my little butterfly. When I gave birth to my second child I really worried that I might love one more than another, but I see now that is impossible. Each is loved in the same measure, but each are so different so that loves is translated differently.

Some days I look at my children and wonder where they came from. I question whether they really are mine. Yes, I know that's crazy talk. I went through the labor and the pain of having them, but it all seems so surreal, to be the mommy of 2 precious little blessings.

Some days I don't feel so warm and fuzzy toward them. We get tired, frustrated and have little patience, but at the end of the day when I check on them one last time to see if they are covered up and warm I remember why I love them so deeply. When their eyes are closed, their little eyelashes laying across their little cherub cheeks as the quiet little sighs pierce the darkness I smile and pray that one day they will find a man to love them without measure and walk with them as they walk with God.

I love my little butterflies even when they are squirmy little caterpillars (or as Katelyn calls them paterpillers.)

2 comments:

  1. So precious Aubrey! I am beginning to get baby fever and my little one is just only about to turn 1 June 5th! And I have asked myself that same question as to whether I could love another child as much as I love Titus? He is so precious in every way but God just must outpour His love through us to love our husbands and as many children as He gives us because I couldn't imagine loving anyone more than Tom and now I can't imagine loving anymore children as much as I love Titus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God opens your heart for another and you don't have to divide your love.

    ReplyDelete