Monday, September 12, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

Not sure if there is a recipe like this out there, but it's one that has evolved over time in my kitchen. This recipe feeds all 4 of us, with enough over for me to eat the next day. I'll warn you I don't really believe in measuring when I'm cooking. (baking is another story, well kind of.)

I take 2 chicken breast (If you want it more saucy, just do one.) I'm picky about how my chicken tastes. I like it to soak up the flavors of the dish, not just taste like a big hunk of chicken. So I put my chicken breasts in a ziplock and use a kitchen mallet and pound them flat. Add about 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan and sear both sides of the chickens. Add minced garlic, salt, ground pepper. I have a handy dandy slap chop that I mince 1 whole green pepper, 1 whole red pepper, 1 medium onion. Add one 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes, and 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce. Add basil and oregeno. Put a lid on and simmer until everything is all melded together and saucy. I like to cut the chicken up then so it's in every bite, that helps save money on chicken as well. Serve over spaghetti noodles.

This is a super easy recipe and peppers are so healthy. It also goes well with a glass of red wine. Try it some time and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment