Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Beginnings

Today we started a new semester of Women's Minstry. For me that means a new year leading a group and opening a my heart for what God has to teach me. This summer which was full of back porch evenings and exploring felt much like I was wearing sweatpants and house shoes on the inside, in my heart. Comfy sweatpants and house shoes give me a reason to hide in my house and do as little as possible. Spiritually sweatpants are a huge hindrance to my growth. So it's now time to get on my jeans, my sassy boots and get back to growing.

This semester we are going to be working through the book of Ruth. Little book, huge lessons. Ruth by Hebrew standards was an foreigner, but in God's eyes she was faithful. God calls us to be faithful in the little things. We are all part of His great story, may you be faithful in the part He has called you to be.

This morning I remembered to breath. Very simple, but very important thing. Last year, my first time leading I forgot to breath and literally almost passed out. So I'm encouraged. A year ago at this time I was just starting to explore the option of medication for anxiety/depression. Since then I've found a medication that has completely turned my life around and given me my life back. But God reminded me very quietly yesterday not to put my faith in the medication I was taking, but to continue to place my faith in Him, my comfort and my rock. So here we go, stepping out into a new year, with new possibilities.

I'm excited about this year. There is much to be learned ahead. In 4 months I turn 30. For many this may bring them fear thinking about getting older, but I'm excited. Excited to turn a new chapter in my life. Excited to leave being my 20's, which have been very important years, but very painful years of growth.

30 means endless possibilities, the anticipation of walking with God for years to come, hope and a challange to grow into a more positive person. I want to live another 30 years and look back when I'm 60 and see a life well lived. A life full of purpose, reason, and giving the best of what God made me to be to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment