Friday, April 29, 2011

Softer

Softer is a key word in my life right now. At the end of each day I certainly don't always accomplish that goal, but SOFTER is a word that keeps coming to my mind. By the word softer I mean softer in my responses to my children, softer in my reactions to those I disagree with, and softer to those I love so deeply.

My natural tendencies is to share all the advice I have and tell someone how they should fix all of their problems in life. That is not only arrogant, but presumptuous. How something works for me isn't always the way it will work for someone else. I'm learning that a lot of people just want to be loved through quietness and a listening ear. I need to give them room to find God in the midst of their life. It's hard to close my mouth and open my ears. But I'm trying these days to do just that. Softer is the key for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment